The Best Instagram Apps for PC
Change the way you share your moments with an Instagram app for PC
The most beloved social media network of the present times is undoubtedly Instagram – the Facebook-owned photo and video sharing app that’s making the world go gaga over it for quite some time now. But the social network has made things a little complicated for its users by lacking access to the majority of its features outside the mobile app.
The app is perfect for on-the-go users who like to capture and share every small and big moment of their everyday life. But using the platform on your desktop gives you a better experience; the images look clearer and bigger—something that grabs your attention more as you don’t scroll as quickly as you do on the mobile app.
However, for those of you who wish to experience the platform on your PC, you will have to download a dedicated third-party Instagram app for PC, something that lets you share your special moments without using the standard website for desktop.
Get these Instagram apps on your PC today
While looking for an Instagram app on desktop, you might come across a plethora of options. But not all of them can provide the ease you are looking for. To make the choice easier, let’s take you through some of the best Instagram apps for PC here:
Windows Store Instagram App
The Windows Instagram app is available for Windows 10 and provides you with incredible features that resemble the ones you get on the mobile app. It’s exceptionally lightweight and is free to download. Simply go to your Microsoft Store on your desktop, and you will find the link to download this Instagram app on PC. Here’s a rundown of the various aspects of the Windows Instagram app:
● Layout: The overall design of the app is similar to the mobile version. You have all the access options at the top of the screen that allow you to refresh, see direct messages, and upload images and videos to your Instagram story. The stories are showcased below the screen and you get a taskbar to search Instagram, access your homepage, check recent likes, and view your profile.
● Adding content: One of the main reasons why this Instagram app for PC is better than the website is because it includes options for uploading photos and videos. The desktop website does not allow you to upload new posts. You can now add new posts with the app by simply right-clicking on the app icon and tapping on ‘New Post’.
The only issue you might face on the Windows Instagram app is its speed. The app can run slow at times and pages take more time to load. Logging into your account can also be a little hassling. But once you get in, most of the experience will be a treat.
Snippet: The Windows Instagram app has a pleasant overall layout and provides ease in posting images and videos to your Instagram account. Try it for yourself.
Another Instagram app for PC that’s gaining traction these days is Gramblr, which is a free Instagram client hooking straight into the platform’s API. Once you download this Instagram app on desktop, you will get an easy and useful way to post new images and videos. Thanks to its collection of tools, you can also expand your follower base and boost engagement on your profile. Let’s check out some of its characteristics here:
● Uploading tools: Gramblr has a fantastic suite of uploading tools that work just on a click of a button. Just like your Instagram mobile app, you can use a variety of filters to touch up your photos. It provides good controls for focus, lighting, saturation and sharpness—all of which are extremely useful to make a dull image look vibrant and appealing. The best part: you get the option to add sixty likes from real Instagram users immediately to your image!
● Scheduling: The digital world is all about automation these days, and nothing would be better than an Instagram app for PC that automates the posting process. Gramblr allows you to achieve this by linking straight to your Instagram API to upload images and videos on your behalf. All your posts will be uploaded as per the scheduled time.
● Auto likes: Gramblr has a ‘like’ feature which automatically hits the like button to grab more eyeballs on the platform. You can select images with hashtags so that you’re always targeting and reaching a specific audience. After that, you can press the ‘auto-like’ option and open the Gramblr app to automatically like new posts.
You might, however, face a few issues with this app. Firstly, you don’t get regular updates from the developer. Secondly, most of its features are in a gray area because the app does not conform to Instagram’s terms and conditions. Also, you cannot use Gramblr to message users or add stories.
Snippet: Gramblr is an Instagram app for PC that comes with a host of features to make your Instagram usage a lot easier and simpler. Check out its innovative features today!
If you are looking for a lightweight Instagram app on desktop, Ramme is what you need. The app takes you on a journey that’s not very different from the Instagram application on the iOS platform. There are quite a few reasons why this app stands out in comparison to the website. Before anything else, it’s the functionality of the app that includes uploading of photos and stories and direct messaging options. However, there are other aspects that make Ramme so popular amongst desktop Instagram users:
● Well-optimized: To use Ramme, you will only require the .exe file and you are good to go. You don’t need to go through the cumbersome process of finding an installer or scouring the Windows Store. You can also resize the Ramme window on your desktop, which will adjust everything on the screen to fill the window size without any hassle.
● Easier image uploading: The image upload process on the Windows Instagram app is a little peculiar and uploading images on the desktop website isn’t possible at all. With Ramme, you can overcome these limitations with an uploading process that’s almost the same as the mobile app. Simply click on the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the screen and then browse through Windows File Explorer to find a photo or video that you wish to upload. It’s that easy and straightforward.
You will rarely come across performance issues because the app is extremely lightweight and runs seamlessly. As such, this Instagram app for PC will surely change your experience on the social network and provide a simpler way to stay connected with the rest of your circle.
Snippet: Ramme allows you to overcome the uploading limitations seen in Windows and other Instagram apps for PC. You will simply love its well-developed interface and nifty features.
Last but certainly not the least, you have an Instagram app for PC called Windowed. All the logins and actions are done directly with your Instagram API so that you don’t have to fret about giving your account information to a third-party. Windowed works amazingly by letting you access the mobile browser version of Instagram right from your PC. Here are a few features that make this app stand out from the rest:
● More engagement: With Windowed, you can scroll down your Instagram feed with more time in hand. You can use a mouse and keyboard to surf through posts without having to double-tap on photos, as is the case on the mobile app.
● Multiple account management: This is something similar to the Instagram mobile app. Windowed allows you to manage up to five Instagram accounts without any hassle. Simply go to your profile, click on your username appearing at the top, and tap on the “Add Account” option to bring multiple profiles onto one platform.
● Free accessibility: The best part about using this Instagram app for desktop is that you don’t have to shell out any money to enjoy its features. Available on both Windows and Mac OS operating systems, this application is usable entirely free of cost. There are no premium versions or extra hidden charges. Just download the application on your PC and get full access to all its functionalities.
Snippet: Windowed is an Instagram app for PC that comes with a host of features to enhance your Instagramming experience. You can now drive more engagement and manage multiple accounts without spending a penny. Check it out!
The bottom line…
The list mentioned above pretty much wraps up the best Instagram apps for PC. You will find plenty of these apps in the online marketplace, but you should choose the one that suits your style and needs. The app you choose should have a user-friendly interface, smart collection of posting features, and free usage terms. At the same time, it’s crucial that the app you choose is in line with Instagram’s terms and conditions.
So which one of the above is your favorite Instagram app on desktop? Let us know in the comment section below. Happy Instagramming!