Easy Ways to Download Instagram Stories
It’s the world’s favorite social media platform for a reason! Close to one billion people are active on Instagram every month while more than 500 million access the visual platform every day. Instagram beats WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter in terms of monthly active users.
On average, Instagram users upload 95 million photos and an even higher number of videos every day. Given that three-fourths of the U.S. population is on this platform, some of the most popular brands prefer to engage their target audience on this platform.
Instagram Stories are an ideal way to tell a story! You can use them to create boomerangs – the GIF-like photos – or put up live videos that stay up for only 24 hours. The Story trend started with Snapchat and has now been made popular by Instagram. Unlike Facebook or Snapchat, Instagram offers options to create live videos and boomerangs.
If you are a huge fan of Instagram stories, rest assured, you are not alone! According to Statista, there were 400 million daily active users of Instagram Stories across the world in June of 2018.
Why download an Instagram Story?
The reasons could be many! Instagram being a highly engaging, visual platform, there are plenty of irresistible and interesting videos or images. If you are a food or travel enthusiast, you may want to save up the travel story with a link to bookings or the “how to” video showcasing a recipe.
Celebrities post stories that may be drool-worthy for fans, or you could be interested in a new product demo put out by a brand. Many brands use Instagram to promote products, give an ‘inside look’ of their services or product, showcase a live event, put out ‘how to’ videos or feature contests.
Apart from all of this, you could just be interested in someone’s story. While there are no particular legal provisions to protect images, clips or videos posted on Instagram, the platform does offer copyright protection for original work such as a music composition, paintings, photographs, broadcasts, and TV shows. Terms of service allow downloads of photos from Instagram, but it is not possible to directly download stories from someone else’s account. Any content that is posted or downloaded should not violate the copyrights law.
The only way an individual can prevent their story or images from being downloaded is to make their profile ‘private.’ Setting videos and photos to ‘private’ ensure only approved followers can view them. Others will have to send a request to follow to be able to view the private photos and videos.
Misusing the content on Instagram Stories is, obviously, a strict no-no, but if you are just interested in downloading someone else’s story so that you can view them any time, there are many options available.
If you are wondering how you can save the stories, yours or someone else’s, on your phone or desktop, read on!
How to download someone else’s Instagram Stories on your phone
Download Instagram stories on Android: If you own an Android phone, you need to download ‘Story Saver for Instagram’ app from the Google Play store. After it is installed and opened, you need to log in to your Instagram account. You can see all the stories on the main page posted by your followers, but if you are looking for someone else’s story, you can use the search bar to search for the specific user. Once you find the desired user, select the video or photo you want to save and tap ‘Save.’ The video or the photo is stored in the folder of the Story Saver app.
Download Instagram stories on IOS: Saving Instagram stories on IOS is easy with the IG Live app. Once you open the app, search for the specific username to see their active Story post. You will be able to see all active posts on their Story, whether it is a photo, video or a video with a caption. Select the one you wish to save and then click on the save button to save the story on your phone. The video or photo will show up along with the other photos in your camera roll.
The second option is to download ‘Story Reposter’ app from the iPhone App store. Open the app, and search for the specific person’s username. Select the video or photo that you want to download. Click on the download button and then on the save tab to save the photo or image on your iPhone.
How to save your own story on Instagram
If you wish to save your own story on your phone or desktop, here are the steps to follow:
Option 1: Download individual clips
If you have multiple photos or boomerangs and you want to save one of them, here’s what you can do:
• Open ‘Your Story’ by tapping on “Your Story” icon located on your feed’s upper left corner
• When the Story is open, click on “More” at the lower right-hand corner or the three little dots
• Tap “Save Photo” and “Save Video”
• The single clip is now saved in your phone’s photos or camera roll section.
Option 2: Download multiple clips
If you wish to download Instagram stories in their entirety from a 24-hour-period, here is a step-by-step guide.
• Click on “Your Story” icon on the upper left corner
• When your Story opens, click on “More” or the three little dots on the lower right corner
• Click on “Save…” and then press “Save Story”
• The video rendering begins
• You can now find the video in your camera roll
You can also choose to archive your own stories on your phone. To do this:
• Open the Instagram account
• Click on ‘Settings icon’
• Tap ‘Story Settings’
• Choose “Save to camera roll” or “Save to Archive” options in the saving section
Using EmbedStories for multiple Instagram accounts
If you have multiple Instagram accounts, the best way to save stories is to use EmbedStories, a web-based app and a professional tool to download stories. This app has many features that let you:
• Save all the Instagram story elements including videos and photos
• Create a gallery out of multiple Instagram stories
• Embed your Instagram stories and display them on any website
• Create story sliders and web widgets with specific embeddable code
• Archive stories from Instagram accounts
To use EmbedStories, you have to first create an account.
• Once your account is created, connect it to your Facebook account
• The system can then access your Instagram accounts
• Choose ‘Select source’ on the account from where you wish to download stories.
The stories you selected will now show up in “My Stories” section on the app. The best part is that every time you post a story on your Instagram account, the app saves them by default in your account.
For those who manage multiple accounts, EmbedStories is the best option to save all their stories in a single platform. Using EmbedStories saves time and money when you need to capture various stories, analyze them, and need to use them again in the future. Marketing professionals and brand managers can use this tool to effectively manage their brand engagement on the platform.
The above methods work for stories that are active. If you want to download Instagram stories that have expired, you need to add them first to your Highlights and follow the steps listed below.
Did you try out any of these methods of downloading Instagram stories? Share your success story on Facebook or comment in the box below!
How to download Instagram stories from someone else’s account
To download stories from someone else’s account, you can use various Instagram stories downloaders.
Have you used any other app to download Instagram stories? Let us know in the comments below.
Here are some options:
Option 1: Using Storiesig
1. Type https://storiesig.com in your browser
2. Key in the username of the person whose story you wish to download
3. Click on the profile photo if you are downloading from an active Story or scroll down and select the Highlights for expired stories
4. Select the story you want to download
5. Right click to save the image or video on your desktop or phone
Option 2: Using Zasasa
• Visit http://zasasa.com/en/download_instagram_stories.php
• Key in URL of the user profile from where you want to download Instagram Stories. If you intend to download Highlights, click on “Also Download Highlights”
• Scroll down to find the specific Instagram clip you are interested in
• Select the size
• Right click to save the same on your computer in any folder you want
Option 3: Using Weynstag
• Visit https://weynstag.com/instastory/
• Key in the username of the profile whose Instagram story interests you
• Scroll down to find the specific Story clip
• Right click to save the clip on your desktop or phone
Out of these three Instagram stories downloaders, Zasasa gives you the option to select the resolution and size of the clips you wish to download, while Storiesig has a great user interface.
Which method or app do you prefer for downloading Instagram stories? We would love to hear! Please comment below.